Monday 19 November 2012

Zombies! Grrrrrrrr!

Oh how I love apocalyptical zombie stuff... it's not just the jaw-chomping, eyeball bursting, arm-ripping gore of it all, it's not the chainsaw wielding, gun-toting, society crumbling anarchistic wanna-be within me that spurs it on. I just think Zombies themselves are so fantastic- they are me in the morning, times a million. They are the single minded animalistic and literally rotten to the core. They are the part of us that really WOULD bite someones head off if they looked at us the wrong way.

2012 has really hyped it up, this end of the world vibe is nearly at fever-pitch, only one month and two days until we find out of the Mayan's really got it right (I am suspecting they may have miscalculated slightly, what with them not predicting the demise of their own society and all that)

Saul and I were chatting the other day about how Zombie films have really got out of hand, you have of course the classic 'Dawn of the Dead' et al, the comic 'Juan & Shaun of the Dead' and 'Zombieland', and the chilling '28 Days Later' and 'The Walking Dead' but why are there no zombie films from the zombies point of view? Maybe there are, although I am a zombie-film aficionado I am certainly not one of the highest class, I am sure there is probably some little known film lurking around that is all 'Brains' and 'Gak' the enjoyment of chewing someones face off.... but if there isn't, I thought I would run with it, just for fun and if some Hollywood producer sees this and wants to offer me a cool million for the idea, then that's fine by me too....




I enjoyed writing this so much, I managed to complete the whole thing from start to finish in under 24 hours which really helped and I posed for all the zombie facial expression which was so much fun, my phone is now filled with random pictures of me gurning and gnashing my teeth!

Ohhh Zombies- somehow you make me complete, I'm just waiting for the apocalypse now.... I'm gonna don my old DM's, a tight crop top and some figure hugging jeans, find me a chainsaw and head out onto the streets for some good old fashion mayhem!

Wish me luck and pray you don't get zombified before me!

No comments:

Post a Comment