Tuesday 13 November 2012

One for my friends

I read through this blog and realised that I had written nothing positive or cheerful for the last twelve months or so.

I thought I should remedy this and so wrote a short graphic story all about my friends as they always make me feel positive and joyful- but still the urge to slip into sarcasm and cynicism was overwhelming... it was harder than I thought to maintain that upbeat vibe.

I think I did it though and when we have all stopped being sick into our hats at the twee-ness of it all, here is my attempt at an upbeat story.





I wanted the style of the art to reflect the passing of time, so the first page is my attempt at the sort of style you might find in a children's illustrated book, the second page more comic (to reflect the teenager years) and the last two pages are supposed to be more realistic (ergo adult)

So obviously now the next thing I write really needs to be dark and morbid otherwise I might just turn into Mrs Normal... *shudder*

No comments:

Post a Comment