Tuesday 7 February 2012

Tis' done....Night Terrors

Was planning on spending maybe half an hour tidying the finished piece off this morning and instead spent a gruelling four hours re-doing art work and cursing loudly when my computer refused to comply with my (what I believed to be) simple requests.

So, I think it has taken me about a week to finish this, which for me is some sort of record- I felt a renewed pressure knowing that I had promised a finished result and it reconfirmed in me that deadlines are not my favourite thing.

A few words on the finished piece....

The layout is incredibly clunky and doesn't always quite work... in response to this I advise you to always read the highest box first regardless of whether it is on the left or right and then read downwards towards the bottom left hand corner.

The writing, I know, is far too bright however my own handwriting is in all fairness pretty darn awful- even when I am using my bestest, neatest penmanship and I decided to spare everyone the pain of trying to decipher it. Plus ever tried using a white pencil on black paper and making it legible? Well, let me tell you- it's pretty difficult without going over each letter about a trillion times and then you are left with one huge mess.

Saul thought that having the backing pages with the smaller frames on top was cluttered- I wanted to give it an atmospheric feel though and felt this added to it. I have though included the backing pages on their own before each page. I have done this because some of them are probably the best pieces of art within the story and I didn't want them to loose their impact.

Here it is... creepy, weird and hopefully slightly wonderful. I hope you enjoy...



















An afternote- if you try reading this with any glare on your screen you will probably fail.I had an attempt at fiddling with the contrast of the pictures so they were clearer but again technical knowhow is not in abundance...

What's next you ask? I predict an plethera of whittering aimlessly about old pieces of art. I have a painting to finish and a valentines card to design. A good friend of mine has also given me a great idea for a story which I have roughly sketched. Seeing as the rough sketches of this piece where done in July last year, I wouldn't hold your breath to see the results of that one anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment