Tuesday 28 February 2012

All Quiet on the Western Front

Drawing not quite a fail at the moment but almost... despite being mostly wrapped up in work, kids and the cleansing power of pine floor cleaner I have managed to squeeze in a bit of creativity. Three pages into my new story at the moment but it is a much quicker work rate as there is no colour... getting back to my black and white roots for a while.
I have been deeply pleased with the basic editor provided by microsoft paint which has enabled me to fix the few things on each page which I didn't like (there are inevitably always a few). Paint is so basic it makes me feel like a genius in comparison... I love it!
The new story it is a much more traditional comic layout which scared me somewhat at first as it meant I would need to use a ruler and stringently measure everything- it has worked well mostly- enough for it to be passable, I'm quite happy with it- for a change. The ruler has not quite been consigned to the drawer in which I keep all things artistic which I deem to be anal but there is a space reserved for it...
I don't want to give too much away but the new story is a love story with a twist- thanks very much to Mariammah who gave me the spark in the first place, I shall dedicate it to you if I ever get famous!
Just to wet your appetite here is one cell and a self-portrait which I scribbled down in the same style. (Apparently my nose is too big- not sure if that means in the picture or in real life)





So there you have it- big nosed me and small nosed romantic bloke (whose face I have based roughly on Leonardo Dicaprio's- not because I think he's handsome but because I think he looks so weird he was worthy of drawing) Now as ever, it is just a case of finishing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment